Wednesday, November 12, 2008

French Dip in Instant pot

This has been updated to be cooked in the IP.
3.5-4lbs. Boneless/Sirloin Chuck Roast **See below**
1/2 C. Soy Sauce
1 bay leaf
3-4 Peppercorns (which I don't have, so I omitted--oops!)
1 tsp. dried Rosemary
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. garlic powder
*Added 2 bouillon for 1 cup water in bottom of instant pot
Roll buns or ciabatta  (make a butter spread with 3-4TB butter melted with 1tsp garlic powder and dash of kosher salt)
Onions
Provolone cheese slices

Frozen:  I threw in a frozen chuck roast for about 20 minutes on manual to defrost. I put it on the metal insert and added 1 c. Water. Let cook and then remove meat and drain water.
After, I turned on the saute and added coconut oil.  Season the meat well and sear the sides.  Take out. I julienned some onions and cooked them until translucent.

Cook for an additional 80-90 minutes until it falls apart.  The onions will be mush.  If you decide, you could always saute some more.

I took the buns, broiled them with some butter (1 tsp garlic powder and a dash of kosher salt).  When they come out, put a piece of provolone on.  Add shredded meat.

Put the au jus in small bowls.

No comments:

Cranberry Salsa Dip