Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Slow Cooker Fajitas

These are amazing! Hands down amazing!

1 ½ lbs. Flank steak, (opt. cut into 4-6 pieces, but I left it in one big piece)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green pepper, sliced (I added red & yellow peppers also) **
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground coriander
¾ - 1 tsp. salt
1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
Flour tortillas
Toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, salsa

Place steak in a crocopot; top with onion. Then add green pepper, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt, and diced tomatoes. Cover and cook on HIGH 4-5 hours or on LOW 7 hours. Remove meat, and shred with 2 forks. Serve on tortillas and desired toppings.
**I might keep the peppers out until about an hour or so of serving. They were fantastic, BUT were a little TOO well done and almost mushy. This could also be because I cooked it overnight! ;)

Extra tidbits:
Good heavens this was good! Honestly, you won't go back to your other fajitas. And I really bought the flank steak, expensive, but worth every single penny!

1 comment:

The Lassen Family said...

This looks similar to what we ate on Halloween night - only with chicken instead of steak. OK, so this is the first time I've checked out your recipe blog. I'm inspired to try something different tonight - yeah! And I'm sure glad I didn't have a clue that you are such a recipe connoisseur. Otherwise I would have been quite timid to share some of my dishes with you!

Cranberry Salsa Dip