Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Chili

1 lb ground beef
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can white beans (great northern, butter beans, etc) drained and rinsed
1 diced onion
8 cloves of garlic, minced (I used 6)
1 29 oz. tomatoes (I had one can diced and one can stewed..yum!)
1 15oz. tom. sauce
3 TB. Chili powder (I used less and I wish I would've used more!)
2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1 TB. tabasco (I used 1/2 TB and it actually needed less)

Brown meat and drain. Add everything else and simmer.

Extra tidbits:
This could be done in the crockpot. Also, it didn't have enough spice for me. I ran out of chili powder (who does that?!) and it didn't have the kick I wanted. The tabasco added a bit of spice, but it wasn't the kind that I wanted. I will try again for a better recipe!

No comments:

Cranberry Salsa Dip