Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pot Roast

This is a VERY different type of pot roast, but it does NOT disappoint...it was fab!

1 packet of ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix
1 packet of Italian salad dressing mix
1 McCormick Grill Mates Peppercorn & Garlic (the original recipe called for a packet of beef gravy or au jus) and I didn't have this either, so I used steak seasoning and it was great!! Season to taste..
3 lb chuck roast
1 to 3 cups of water
Veggies: carrots, potatoes, onions chopped

The Directions.
I usually brown the outside of the pot roast on the stove first. I trimmed off excess fat and put in the crock pot.
-Add veggies.
-Add contents of the three packets mostly over meat.
-Add 1 cup of water

We cooked this overnight and it was done by 10a.m. on Sunday morning. It was divine. Anyway, you can cook it for 8 hours, and about 30 minutes before eating add the extra water because the spices are too concentrated.

Extra tidbit:
I didn't add more water, but I made a gravy out of it and it was pretty fantastic. I didn't need to add extra seasoning because THERE WAS SO MUCH flavor!
Like I said above, this seems "different" and the smell to a pregnant woman wasn't very good, but after I took a bite it was really FANTASTIC and I couldn't stop eating the meat..yum!

No comments:

Cranberry Salsa Dip