Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hawaiian Chicken Bowl

In my haste to figure out dinner tonight (not sure what I did with my menu for March..hmm..) I found this post and I tried it. Pretty good! I didn't do it in the crockpot and some other changes, but it's yummy and worth trying at least once!

Hawaiian Chicken Bowl

Ingredients:
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 8-oz can crushed pineapple (less)
2 cups barbecue sauce (more)
Broccoli, steamed (didn't do)
Brown rice, cooked (used white)
Ranch dressing

Directions:
Place meat in a crock pot. Combine pineapple and barbecue sauce and pour over meat. Cook on high for 3–4 hours, or on low for 6–8 hours. Shred chicken with two forks.
To serve, layer rice, chicken, broccoli and ranch dressing.

*Note: We liked the ranch dressing a lot and added more after we tasted it!

No comments:

Cranberry Salsa Dip