Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Taco Soup

This is an all time love. And yes, it is probably pretty generic, except for I have a few things that might add a little umph to it. My secret ingredient: ketchup

1 lb ground beef
1 med. onion chopped
1 pkg mild taco seasoning mix
1 16 oz. can corn
1 16oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 28 oz. can stewed tomatoes
1 28 oz. can tomato sauce
Tortilla chips and cheese

Brown beef and onions
Stir in taco seasoning mix, corn, beans, tomatoes and sauce.
Simmer 20 to 30 minutes.
Serve with shredded cheese on top and tortilla chips

Extra tidbit:
I add about 1/4 to 1/2 c. of ketchup and then a dash or so of worcestershire sauce. Make sure that it simmers or else you can taste the ketchup and worcestershire. This is good. I have also heard of people adding a package of ranch dressing mix. You might wanna try it! Let me know!

No comments:

Cranberry Salsa Dip